AutoVantage is a leading car membership club whose sole purpose is to deliver value in the form of discounted automobile and travel services. From safety concerns such as 24-hour Roadside Assistance to savings on car rentals and hotels, our goal is to provide the best possible resources and services to our members.
AutoVantage is a registered service mark of Affinion Publishing, LLC.
For general questions about AutoVantage, including benefits, roadside assistance, membership and technical problems, contact us at:
Para preguntas generales sobre AutoVantage, incluyendo beneficios, asistencia en la carretera, membresía y problemas técnicas, comuníquese con nosotros al:
Hours of Operation - Monday - Friday 9am - 11pm EST
Technical Support - 24/7 Sun-Sat
Mail: BreakFive, LLC
6 High Ridge Park
Stamford, CT, 06905
Address above is for correspondence only
Who We Are
Address: 6 High Ridge Park
Stamford, CT 06905
Customer service e-mail: email@example.com
Collection of Personal and Non-Personal Information
We may also request non-personally identifiable information ("Demographic Information"), such as annual income, buying preferences, or your age. This information is maintained anonymously, so we have information about everyone as a group who answered the questions, rather than information about a single individual's responses. Providing this Demographic Information is optional.
We use Personal Information to perform business functions, such as serving our members and other customers, developing new products and services, fulfilling orders and contacting you when necessary, such as when a delivery may be delayed or when an ordered product is out of stock. We may also use this information to notify you about new products or services and special promotions offered by BreakFive, LLC or any of its affiliates.
We may use Demographic Information to improve and enhance your experience on the https://www.autovantage.com Web site. For example, we may use certain preferences you provide to tailor your experience at our site, such as showing you content and sending you notices concerning merchandise and services that may interest you.
We may share Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties, including marketing partners, printers, billing agents, insurance companies, administrators, and service providers that assist us in performing our business functions and marketing our products, and as otherwise permitted or required by law. These parties have access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
We may share information relating to your transactions with us or our experience with you, with our affiliates (including those existing currently or in the future).
We will not share any Personal Information with our affiliates for purposes of marketing their products and services unless we are otherwise permitted to do so by law.
From time to time, unless we are restricted by applicable contract, we may also share your information relating to your transactions with us or our experience with you with trustworthy unaffiliated third parties, who offer products or services that we feel may be of interest to you.
We may also share Demographic Information with unaffiliated third parties, such as advertisers interested in advertising on the https://www.autovantage.com Web site, in an aggregate, anonymous form, which means that the shared information will not contain nor be linked to any personally identifiable information about you or any other person.
Opting Out of Sharing of Personal Information; Choice With Respect to Receiving Marketing Emails
We value your privacy. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties (other than those disclosures otherwise required or permitted by law) or if you would prefer not to receive marketing emails from AutoVantage in the future, go to https://www.autovantage.com/optout and enter your email address. Please allow up to 10 days for your email to be removed.
For offline unsubscribe assistance, please contact us at: BreakFive, LLC, Address: P.O. Box 41219, Nashville, TN, 37204.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (1) a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, address, e-mail address, and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties' direct marketing purposes, and (2) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please e-mail us at CARequests@trilegiant.com or write us at: Attn: Dept. Membership Department, BreakFive, LLC, P.O. Box 41219, Nashville, TN, 37204, with a reference to California Disclosure Information.
We will respond to such written requests within 30 days following receipt at the e-mail or mailing address stated above. If we receive your request at a different e-mail or mailing address, we will respond within a reasonable period of time, but not to exceed 150 days from the date received. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.
At times, some of our third party advertisers or their ad serving and tracking providers may place cookies on your computer system when you select their ad banner and some of our content providers or partners may also place cookies on your computer system when you visit those portions of our https://www.autovantage.com site over which they have control. We reserve the right to supplement the cookie data which we collect from you with information collected by cookies set by third parties on our behalf in order to understand how you use the Internet and what products are of interest to you.
Our systems do not respond to "do not track" signals. Further, other parties may collect certain personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different Web sites when you use the AutoVantage Web site or service.
Internet Protocol (IP) Address
We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web site. Your IP address may also be used to help identify you and to gather demographic information. In addition, your IP address may be linked to your personally identifiable information while you are in the process of making a purchase and be retained by us with other information we collect and retain about you in connection with your AutoVantage membership.
As you use the Internet, a trail of electronic information is left at each Web site you visit. This information, which is sometimes referred to as "clickstream data", can be collected and stored by a Web site's server. Clickstream data can tell us the type of computer and browsing software you use, the address of the Web site from which you linked to the https://www.autovantage.com Web site, and, in some instances, your e-mail address. We may use clickstream data to determine how much time youspend on each page of our site, how you navigate throughout the site and how we may tailor our Web pages to better meet the needs of visitors.
Consent To Processing
By providing any Personal Information to this site, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the collection, usage and processing of such information in the United States.
Links To Other Sites
Our sites may contain links to other sites. Other sites may also reference or link to our sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites.
Maintaining the Security of Your Information
We have implemented security procedures which use reasonable measures to ensure the security, confidentiality and integrity of Personal Information and Demographic Information in our possession and guard against unauthorized access or use. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and BreakFive, LLC will be free from unauthorized access by third parties, such as hackers. We also identify data that is to be protected, provide a reasonable level of protection for that data and grant access to protected data only to those individuals who need to use it in performing their job-related duties. Employees who violate our security procedures will be subject to disciplinary action, which may include termination.
AutoVantage utilizes Standard SSL encryption on pages where secure information is transmitted over the Internet. We also use VeriSign as our Certificate of Authority.
Treatment of Information of Former Members and Customers.
Your Acceptance of this Policy
AutoVantage is a service provided by BreakFive, LLC which may modify or improve any part of the service at any time and without prior notice.
This agreement ("Agreement") is made between BreakFive, LLC ("Trilegiant"), a Delaware corporation with offices at 6 High Ridge Park, Stamford, CT 06905, providing a membership program called AutoVantage ("AutoVantage" or the "Program"), and the person specified on the accompanying AutoVantage membership card (referred to herein as "you"). By enrolling in the Program, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.
1. SERVICE - (a) The service that Trilegiant shall provide to you during the term of your membership shall include the following auto-related services: (i) new and used auto summaries, automobile pricing, and dealer-referral service via a toll-free phone number at 1-800-999-4227; (ii) discounts on parts and labor at participating service centers and new car dealers. (b) It is understood and agreed by the parties that the Program is an auto information service. Our network of licensed auto dealers and repair facilities is available to sell cars and provide new car prices and auto maintenance service to Program members. (c) Trilegiant reserves the right to change or modify the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time and without notice. Trilegiant may terminate this Agreement upon written notice and refund to you the current term's membership fee unless the reason for such termination is your failure to pay or your misuse of the AutoVantage service in which event no such refund will be paid to you.
2. WHO MAY USE - You agree that you will use AutoVantage's services only for your own behalf and for the members of your immediate family residing in your household. You will be responsible for all use of your membership number and must notify Trilegiant immediately of any unauthorized use of your membership number, or the theft or misplacement of your membership number.
3. LIABILITY - (a) TRILEGIANT AND ITS AFFILIATES SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU AS A SELLER OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS, PROVIDED TO YOU THROUGH THE PROGRAM. NEITHER TRILEGIANT NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES MAKE ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD OR INFORMATION DELIVERED OR PROVIDED TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NEITHER TRILEGIANT NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES WARRANT, GUARANTEE, OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE QUALITY OF, OR ACCURACY OF ADVERTISEMENTS FOR, ANY MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES OFFERED OR PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH THE PROGRAM. NEITHER TRILEGIANT NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES ASSUME ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL, IN CONNECTION WITH THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES DESCRIBED HEREIN OR YOUR REQUEST, USE OR ATTEMPTED USE OF SUCH SERVICES. IN NO EVENT SHALL TRILEGIANT'S AND ITS AFFILIATES' AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF THE PROGRAM MEMBERSHIP FEE PAID BY YOU TO TRILEGIANT. TRILEGIANT AND ITS AFFILIATES SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY DELAY OR FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE OR DELIVERY DUE TO ANY CAUSE BEYOND THEIR CONTROL, INCLUDING DELAY DUE TO UNION DISPUTES OR FACTORY PRODUCTION SCHEDULES. (b) Neither Trilegiant nor any of its affiliates shall be responsible for any errors or omissions, including information in the auto summaries, price changes, or out-of-stock vehicles. Information on car makes, models, maintenance discounts, access telephone numbers, and procedures is subject to change without notice. (c) The terms of this Section 3 shall survive any termination, cancellation or expiration of this Agreement.
4. INDEMNIFICATION - YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS TRILEGIANT, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND EMPLOYEES FROM ANY CLAIM OR DEMAND, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY'S FEES, MADE BY ANY THIRD PARTY DUE TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE PROGRAM, THE VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT BY YOU, OR THE INFRINGEMENT BY YOU OR ANY OTHER USER OF THE PROGRAM USING YOUR ACCOUNT OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR OTHER RIGHT OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY, OR AS A RESULT OF ANY THREATENING, LIBELOUS, OBSCENE, HARASSING OR OFFENSIVE MATERIAL CONTAINED IN ANY COMMUNICATION SENT BY YOU OR ANY OTHER USER OF THE PROGRAM USING YOUR ACCOUNT.
5. GOVERNING LAW - This Agreement, and the respective rights and obligations of the parties hereunder, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Connecticut. The terms of this section shall survive any termination, cancellation or expiration of this Agreement
6. ARBITRATION - You and Trilegiant agree that any claim or dispute ("Claim") between us shall, at the election of either of us, be resolved by binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association under its rules for consumer arbitrations. It is the parties' intent that this arbitration provision be construed broadly, including that this arbitration agreement include any Claims against Trilegiant as well as its corporate affiliates. You agree that, by entering into this Agreement, you and Trilegiant are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. At your request, we will pay the first $125 of your arbitration fees. You will be solely responsible for your arbitration fees and costs in excess of $125. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party's individual Claim. YOU AND TRILEGIANT AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Trilegiant agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's Claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If the specific provision in the preceding sentence is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this arbitration provision in this Section 6 shall be null and void. Notwithstanding any of the foregoing provisions, either party may bring an individual action in small claims court. The parties to this Agreement acknowledge that this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1 et seq. ("FAA"). Judgment upon any arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. The arbitrator shall follow substantive law to the extent consistent with the FAA and shall honor any claims or privileges recognized by law. The terms of this section shall survive any termination, cancellation or expiration of this Agreement.
7. MEMBERSHIP FEE - For your convenience, your membership fee will be automatically billed to the credit or debit card account (or to the related checking account) you designated when you enrolled in AutoVantage (designated the billing source), in accordance with the billing terms furnished to you upon your enrollment in AutoVantage.
8. RENEWALS - Unless you notify Trilegiant that you do not wish to renew your membership, Trilegiant will automatically renew your membership at the end of each term and bill the then-current renewal fee to the credit or debit card account (or to the related checking account) designated by you when you joined AutoVantage. You will be notified of any price increase and may cancel your membership if you do not want to continue to be billed at the new price.
9. RIGHT TO CANCEL MEMBERSHIP - (a) You have the right to cancel this Agreement at any time. You may cancel this Agreement by calling 1-800-999-4227 or writing to: AutoVantage, P.O. Box 41219, Nashville, TN 37204, Attention: Membership Department. Cancel this Agreement during your trial period, and you will owe nothing; at any time thereafter you will owe nothing further. You will remain liable for any other fees, purchases or charges to be paid pursuant to this Agreement. (b) If Trilegiant determines it is unable to bill the membership fee due hereunder to your designated billing source, Trilegiant shall have the right to terminate this Agreement in which event you will no longer have access to any of the AutoVantage benefits. In addition to Trilegiant's termination rights set forth above, Trilegiant may elect in its sole discretion to keep this Agreement in effect, but suspend your access to all of the AutoVantage benefits, until such time (if any) as Trilegiant is able to bill the membership fee due hereunder to your designated billing source.
10. CONFIDENTIALITY - All information and software provided through the Program is and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Trilegiant. You shall not publish, broadcast, retransmit or otherwise reproduce the information or software in any medium. Any violation of this restriction is an infringement of copyright or proprietary rights in the information and software.
11. TERMINATING THE PROGRAM'S WEB SITE - Trilegiant retains the right at any time and from time to time to discontinue or modify, or temporarily or permanently terminate, the Program's Web site, www.autovantage.com (the "Program's Web Site"), (or any part thereof) with or without notifying you. If Trilegiant discontinues the Program's Web Site, Trilegiant will not be liable to you or any third party for such discontinuance, modification or termination.
12. VIRUSES; DESTRUCTION OF THE PROGRAM'S WEB SITE - By participating on the Program's Web Site, you agree to not upload, post, e-mail or otherwise send or transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment. You also agree to not interfere with the servers or networks connected to the Program's Web Site or to disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Program's Web Site. ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE PROGRAM'S WEB SITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF SUCH SITE IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS; IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, TRILEGIANT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM THE USER TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Trilegiant assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property due to your access to, use of, or browsing in the Program's Web Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from such site.
13. TECHNICAL ISSUES - By utilizing the Program, you acknowledge that technical processing and transmission of the Program's Web Site, including the information you enter, may involve transmissions over various networks and changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. TRILEGIANT MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE FUNCTIONS OF THE PROGRAM'S WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE OR THAT ANY ERRORS ON SUCH SITE WILL BE CORRECTED. TRILEGIANT ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR (I) ANY PROBLEMS RELATING TO TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION OR DELAYS OF TELEPHONE NETWORKS OR LINES, COMPUTER ON-LINE SYSTEMS, SERVERS, PROVIDERS, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, OR SOFTWARE, (II) FAILURE OF ANY E-MAIL TO BE RECEIVED DUE TO TECHNICAL PROBLEMS OR TRAFFIC CONGESTION OF THE INTERNET, TRILEGIANT SITES, OR ANY COMBINATION THEREOF, AND/OR FOR (III) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO USERS' COMPUTERS OR ANY OTHER COMPUTER RESULTING FROM DOWNLOADING ANY MATERIALS RELATING TO THE PROGRAM'S WEB SITE.
14. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS - Trilegiant, at its option, may communicate with you regarding the Program by mail, by telephone or by electronic communications. Trilegiant may communicate with you electronically by means of electronic mail to the email address you provide when you sign up for the Program and/or postings to the Program's website. Trilegiant may communicate electronically to you the following types of communications: Membership Terms and Conditions (including any amendments thereto), notices or disclosures regarding the Program, payment and billing authorizations, and other matters relating to your use of the AutoVantage service.
You may contact Trilegiant at the telephone number and address listed above to request another electronic copy of an electronic communication without a fee. You may also request a paper copy of the terms of the payment authorization without a fee. You may contact Trilegiant at the same telephone number or email address listed above to update your contact information or to withdraw your consent to receive electronic communications. Trilegiant reserves the right to terminate your use of the Program if you decline or withdraw your consent to receive electronic communications from Trilegiant. You will need the following software and hardware to access electronic communications sent to you by Trilegiant as part of your Program membership: IBM or MAC compatible computer, Internet access, a working email address, and Internet Browser (Internet Explorer version 5.2 or a later version). To retain copies of electronic communications, you must print a copy using a printer attached to your computer, or save an electronic copy to your computer's disk or other storage device.
AutoVantage is a service provided by BreakFive, LLC, which may modify or improve any part of the service at any time and without prior notice. AutoVantage is a registered service mark of Affinion Publishing, LLC.
© 2012 Access Development
© 2012, BreakFive, LLC
Lockout, Towing, and Emergency Roadside Assistance Terms and Conditions
As a member of AutoVantage, you will be covered for up to three (3) emergency assistance calls or authorized reimbursements per membership year, up to a maximum of $80 allowance per disablement, for any combination of emergency tow service, emergency roadside assistance and lockout, provided that:
1. Member only at the time of disablement. Immediate family includes spouse, domestic partner, dependent children living at home or away at college, fiancé(e), or parent of member is NOT INCLUDED.
2. The disabled vehicle must be a self-propelled, four-wheel vehicle, designed, licensed and used for private on-road transportation, and includes only those trucks with a carrying capacity of up to 2,000 pounds, subject to the exclusions noted below.
3. Lockout service provides access into the vehicle or home. It does not include key extraction or key duplication or lock repair.
4. AutoVantage covers up to three (3) emergency assistance calls per membership year. Only one disablement during any consecutive 7-day period will be allowed. If additional emergency assistance is requested, service will be dispatched, but the member will be fully responsible for all charges incurred, and the charges are not reimbursable.
All 24 Hour Roadside Assistance services are provided by Brickell Financial Services Motor Club, Inc. dba Road America Motor Club, administrative offices at 7300 Corporate Center Drive, Suite 601, Miami, FL 33126. For Mississippi and Wisconsin customers, services are provided by Brickell Financial Services Motor Club. For California customers, services are provided by Road America Motor Club, Inc. Services may vary to conform with the laws of your state and restrictions may apply. AutoVantage covers all towing costs up to $80 per occurrence. The service provides up to three (3) emergency assistance events per membership year. If additional emergency assistance is requested, service will be dispatched; however, the member will be responsible for charges incurred.
The purpose of the towing and roadside assistance benefit is to provide service in emergency situations.
The following are not considered emergency situations and are therefore not covered for reimbursement:
1. All parts, labor and supplies provided while at an auto repair shop or service station, or towing to a second destination.
2. Service for taxicabs, tractor, boats, commercial vehicles, dune buggies, vehicles used for competition, stolen vehicles, unlicensed/unregistered vehicles, illegally parked or impounded vehicles, or any vehicle in tow.
3. Any and all taxes, fines or ambulance charges.
4. Rental of towing equipment (e.g., trailers or hitches).
5. Towing at the direction of a law enforcement officer relating to traffic obstruction, impoundment, abandonment, illegal parking or other violations of law, or towing by other than a licensed tow provider, service station or garage.
6. Installation or removal of snow tires, repairs to studs, mounting and dismounting of snow chains, or de-icing frozen locks.
7. Repeated service calls for a vehicle in need of routine maintenance or repair.
8. Snow removal from or around vehicle.
9. Vehicle storage charges, cost of parts and installation of products, materials, impounding, and additional labor relating to towing.
10. Members are not permitted to have multiple memberships in AutoVantage and related services/products.
If you do obtain more than one active AutoVantage or related service membership in error, each eligible disablement will only be covered once, subject to the limits described in this Benefits Guide.
Benefits are not available if disablement is due to an act of God (e.g., tornado, flood, hurricane, blizzard), war, fire, insurrection, riot, etc. During other extreme weather conditions, there may be some delay before help can reach you.
If AutoVantage cannot assure timely dispatch of emergency service, you have the option of using your own service provider after receiving a referral number from AutoVantage.
To receive a refund for preauthorized emergency service which you pay for/arrange, please provide the following information for verification records: a legible, original, pre-printed, itemized receipt showing the name, address and telephone number of the commercial garage, service station, locksmith or other licensed repair facility providing the service, detailing the date of disablement and amount charged for emergency towing/wrecker/road service/lockout, and describing in detail the cause of the disablement, along with your name, referral number, address and membership number. All components listed above are required to accept your claim and should be mailed for reimbursement consideration to:
c/o Road America
7300 Corporate Center Drive
Miami, FL 33126.
Claims must be filed within sixty (60) days of disablement. You must be an active member at the time of disablement. Please make photocopies of all documentation for your personal records prior to mailing.